Friday 30 August 2013

Review // Maybelline Babylips

Hey guys,
So today I think i'm going to talk to you about the most hyped up product in history ever. That's right the Maybelline Baby Lips. I currently own three, two are coloured and one is just clear. I'm sure everybody and their brother and dog now own these and have posted a review of them. But you know me, where there is a hype i'm sure to be there! The baby lips are designed to be a moisturizing lip balm with a hint of colour, claiming up to 8 hours of moisture. The main two selling points for me is the super cute packing and the £2.99 price tag. Both of which appeal to me strongly. 
The Baby Lips I picked up was 'Peach Kiss', now this claims to be one of the ones with a hint of colour but my friends do not expect the moon and back, these are now Revlon Balm Stains. The colour is a mere booster or your natural lip colour with a nice gloss over. But don't mistake me I do love these but they're not extremely pigmented. My favourite thing about this one is the scent. I love peaches whether it be peach tea or peach iced lemonade or just a peach, I love it. I find I use this on those days when I want to add moisture but don't want any colour, just plump full looking lips.
The next one is Cherry Me. This is the one I expected to have the most colour pay off due to it being bright red in the packaging and to be fair it does but again its not like a bright lipstick just a vague colour wash. Again the smell is just amazing and I think I could eat it but then again that wouldn't be very good for me. I feel this is the one I reach for the most out of the three!
The last one I own is Moisture. I thought this would be a nice everyday lip balm to throw in my bag or to seal in lipsticks with and I was right. I love this as either a base for my lipstick or over the top to add some sheen. Even on its own this balm performs well as a quick fix to chapped lips. This product smells just like lemonade a personal favourite of mine and even thought it has no colour i'm still in love with it.
Here are just a few swatches, at the top is Peach Kiss then Cherry Me and then Moisture at the bottom (which you can't see). Hopefully yo can see what i'm getting at with the whole colour pay off thing. Now at first I was a little disappointed but then I realized I could use them just to gain a smooth natural lip. Overall a thumbs up from me Maybelline. Have you tried these bad boys out? Let me know!
Alisha
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment